Friday, January 26, 2007

Barbara Parker, "The Perfect Fake"



Last night I went to Books & Books in Coral Gables to attend a book signing with Barbara Parker for her new book "The Perfect Fake".


All in all it was a good event and it was presented in conjunction with the Historical Museum of Southern Florida. Barbara spoke a little bit about her writing process and told some interesting anecdotes from her time researching the novel. My favorite quote from the evening was, "No one ever writes a book by themselves." She was refering directly to the collaborative nature of her research on her various novels, and that statement really struck a chord with me, especially in light of my involvement with Ink 'n Doodles Creative Workshop and the writing of my own novels.

Here are some pictures from the event (sorry for the low quality... they were taken with my phone).

Barbara Parker

The Poet and The Author









No comments: